Request for Proposal
The Sicangu Wicoti Awayankapi (SWA) Corporation P.O. Box 69 Rosebud, South Dakota 57570 is requesting written proposals for fiscal year audits of the SWA Corporation. The audit will include three (3) fiscal years ending 12/31/19, 12/31/20, and 12/31/21.
A single proposal with two (2) copies must be submitted with an itemized cost for each fiscal year. Contract Award will be made for all three (3) fiscal years. Closing date for proposals is 2:00 p.m., (CDT) on October 11, 2019.
Pursuant to (24 CFR 1000.48-1000.54 Indian Preference), responsive proposals will be accepted from Indian as well as non-Indian owned Independent Public Accountants firms. Indian owned firms wishing to qualify for Indian Preference must submit a pre-qualification application with their proposal. All non-Indian firms must also submit a pre-qualification application. All pre-qualification applications must be received at the SWA Corporation procurement office with your proposal.
The work to be performed is subject to Section 7(b) of the Indian Self Determination and Education Act (25 U.S.C. 450e (b) 0. Section 7(b) requires that to the greatest extent feasible (I) preference and opportunities for training and employment shall be given to Indians and (II) preference in the award of contracts and subcontracts shall be given to Indian Organizations and Indian Owned Economic Enterprises.
Interested firms or individuals must submit their proposals in writing to the SWA Corporation, P.O. Box 69 Rosebud, South Dakota 57570 ATTN: Gerald Eagle Bear, Procurement Manager with “SWA 19-13 Annual Audit” written clearly on the outer envelope. Proposals must be received by the SWA Corporation no later than 2:00 p.m. (CST) on October 11, 2019. Proposals submitted via FAX will not be accepted and will not be considered. E-mail proposals will be accepted with the original and two (2) copies mailed or hand delivered. Any proposal submitted after this time will not be considered and will be returned unopened.
Proposals are required to contain the following:
1. Name and address of the entity submitting the proposal and identification of key personnel who will perform the work;
2. Name of each partner and associates if the personnel is a firm and licenses, certifications and relevant degrees of all professionals;
3. A description of any associates with other firms or any forms of subcontracts;
4. Names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three references (preferably tribes, tribal housing authorities or other tribal entities);
5. A summary of services currently being offered and a statement of experience. Specific descriptions of experience and ability regarding the services being requested must be included;
6. Statement describing knowledge and experience in auditing and auditing federally funded programs;
7. Time frame for completion of each fiscal year audit; must also state if company has had to request time extensions to complete audit and explain circumstances and the outcome;
8. Disclosure of any claims, lawsuits or disputes over work or services previously or currently being performed;
9. Lump Sum Price (listed separately for each fiscal year);
10. Proof of eligibility for Indian Preference (if preference is sought);
11. A statement detailing the firm or individuals employment and training opportunities, its plans to provide preference to Indians and the number or percentage of Indians to be employed or trained;
12. All RFP documents;
13. Current Peer Review.
Scope Of Work
The IPA shall submit to the SWA Corporation a written statement that he/she has met all legal requirements concerning registration in the State of South Dakota.
The audit shall be completed in accordance with OMB Circular A-133 or all current Federal regulations. The work consists of the examination of all SWA financial records and accounts including but not limited to the following:
b. (BIA) HIP
d. Observance of physical count, of building material warehouse.
The audit will be conducted in accordance with the accepted auditing standards pertaining to a single audit as reflected in Government Auditing Standards, Government Auditing Statements issued by the Comptroller General of the United States and the provisions of the Office of Budget and Management, Audits of State and Local Governments. The selected firm must agree to have a partner of the firm on-site during field work.
The SWA Corporation reserves the right to interview some or all of the parties submitting proposals. Selection by the SWA Corporation will be based on an evaluation of all applicants and proposals using a point system as follows:
1. Knowledge and experience in general auditing 0 to 15 points
2. Knowledge and experience in auditing Federal or
Other governmental programs 0 to 15 points
3. Similar work for other clients, specifically other housing authorities which use force account labor and have their own material warehouse, Tribal or Indian related owners. 0 to 15 points
4. Timeliness in completing the work 0 to 20 points
5. Fee Schedule 0 to 15 points
6. Statement of plan of employment and training to Indians 0 to 05 points
7. Indian Preference 0 to 15 points
Maximum Points/100 Points
All proposals submitted must state that it will remain open for sixty (60) days.
Any further information and required documents can be obtained from the SWA Corporation P.O. Box 69 Rosebud, SD 57570, or by contacting Gerald Eagle Bear at 605-747-2203 EXT 236. All technical questions shall be directed to Ms. Anissa Bordeaux, Chief Finance Officer at 605-747-2203 EXT 224.
Those submitting a proposal must obtain a Tribal Business License prior to be awarded a contract, including and not limited to use or sale excise tax. Contact the RST Tribal Taxation Office at (605) 747-5045.
The successful proposal will be responsible to comply with the Rosebud Sioux Tribe TECRO Ordinance, including any licensing requirements and fees. Contact the RST TECRO office at (605) 747-2322.
Right To Reject Any And All Offers
The SWA Corporation reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals or to waive any information or irregularities. No member of the governing body, staff, Tribal, State, or Federal Government officials or persons directly involved with the SWA Corporation will have any privileges to submit a proposal.
Mr. Gary LaPointe, Chief Executive Officer
Sicangu Wicoti Awayankapi Corporation
P.O. Box 69
28577 BIA 9, Soldier Creek Road
Rosebud, South Dakota 57570
Published twice at the total approximate cost of $83.79
Published: September 4, 18, 2019