Request for Proposals
Rosebud Sioux Tribe
RFP: Sicangu Lakota Oyate Early Childhood Program
Sicangu Lakota Oyate Early Childhood Program is accepting sealed bids beginning July 15, at 8:00 a.m. and ending July 26, at 5:00 p.m. CDT.
Bids will open on July 29, at 10:00 a.m. CDT at the RST Administration Building in the Treasure Office.
• RST #19-071 Head Start Duration Grant Start Up Planner (Job Description)
Rosebud Sioux Tribe will engage in start-up activities as they prepare to implement their funded Head Start Duration grant, through the planning period and during the early stages of service delivery. Planning for program implementation will continue from the time of the award to full implementation of services. Rosebud Sioux Tribe will hire a start-up planner on a contract to implement the Head Start Duration grant with identified timelines.
1. The Head Start Duration Grant Start-Up Planner will assist the project through the planning, construction (in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards 45 CFR Part 1309) and implementation and operation of the Head Start Duration Program.
2. Knows how to operationalize the Head Start Program Performance Standards.
3. During the construction phase of Head Start facility the consultant will implement the following activities as per Head Start Performance Standards 45 CFR 1309:
4. Advertisement for Bid Form (or solicit selected contractors, using pre-qualifying criteria)
5. Prepare instructions to Bidders Form, including the method for award of contract (e.g., to the lowest bid or the lowest base bid in combination with alternates)
6. Prepare Contract Form and Contractor’s Application for Payment
7. Prepare Construction Contract General Conditions and Supplemental Conditions
8. Prepare Bonding and Insurance Requirements
9. Prepare Construction Contract Completion Time and Closeout Documents necessary for Substantial Completion.
10. Prepare and submit Federal Notice of Interest.
11. Can facilitate the implementation and planning process; and
12. Provide knowledge and understanding of program management and design;
13. Incorporate a familiarity of the community’s strengths and needs into program planning
14. Building a foundation on which to build a high quality, community responsive, culturally appropriate Head Start Duration program that reflects the needs of families served.
15. The goal will be to be operational by the target start date.
16. Provide the services of building inspector for the inspection of the construction of the facility in accordance with the Office of Head Start “Facility Construction” as per the Head Start Program Performance Standards.
17. Under direction, enforces the provisions of Tribal and Federal codes including but not limited to: building, plumbing, mechanical, fire, electrical, zoning and implementation of Head Start Program Performance Standards 45CFR Part 1309.
18. Check construction plans for the compliance of codes and provide recommendations on the plan. Issues permits and licenses and maintain files for permits, plans and licenses.
19. Visits building site to periodically to perform inspections including but not limited to; Zoning, location of property, footing and foundation, frame, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other inspections to ensure compliance with the Tribal and Federal building codes and standards.
20. Receive inspection requests and complaints concerning code violations, identify and documents building violation; prepares and issues notices to comply; follows up on all corrective action by reviewing and re-inspecting the site to ensure corrections have been made.
21. Must have knowledge of implementation of Head Start Program Performance Standards 45 CFR Part 1309: Head Start Facilities, Purchase, major Renovation and Construction.
22. Works in conjunction with Head Start Director, start-up planner and Head Start management team.
23. Provide direct written input on the inspections to the contractors.
24. Must be task oriented and uses computer for tracking the project, writing and generating reports.
Skills and Knowledge:
• The Head Start Duration Start-Up Planner will assist the project through the planning, construction (in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards 45 CFR Part 1309) and implementation and operation of the Head Start Duration Program.
• Must have expertise in budget, including fiscal management.
• Preparing and implementing Timeline for Head Start Duration grant.
• The start-up planner will be physically present on-site with start-up team as well as have distance/electronic relationship work for the program.
• The start-up planner must have expertise in program development, Head Start programming and management, knowledge of the community, and programmatic strengths and needs.
• The start-up planner will have excellent communication skills.
• Must have some knowledge of management styles, and planning skills, to build consensus among Center staff for decision-making.
• Must demonstrate clear and effective writing skills.
• Must have interpersonal skills to work effectively with contractor and Rosebud Head Start personnel.
• Must have experience in performing building inspections and working with contractors.
• Bachelor Degree in ECE with minimum five (5) years of experience in managing Head Start Program including facility construction.
• Master Degree preferred with minimum three (3) years of experience in managing Head Start Program including facility construction.
• Experience in managing facility construction as per Head Start Performance Standards 45CFR 1309.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in the building inspections for the construction of Head Start facilities.
SALARY: Negotiable and based on qualification
• RST #19-078 Construct 112’ x 30’ modular for the Sicangu Lakota Oyate Early Childhood Program for the following; Billy Mills & Woksape Woihanble Center site in Parmelee, S.D.
Must include the following; install kitchen hood system, full suppression system include install cost, electric stove, refrigerator, upright freezer, dishwasher with install, three (3) compartment commercial sinks, hand washing sink, grease trap installed, dispenser for paper towel, soap and toilet tissue.
Must include fencing materials, delivery and install for the constructed premises.
• RST #19-072 Landscaping design to prepare and install for the Parmelee Center site.
• RST #19-073 Playground Equipment/Land preparation for artificial turf to include installation cost Parmelee Center site.
• RST #19-074 One (1) new 34 passenger bus equipped with cameras system, restraint seats, A/C front and rear, Two-Way Radio System to be installed and tinted windows.
• RST #19-075 Two (2) 2019 or 2020 Chevrolet Traverse SUV with AWD and fully equipped.
• RST#19-076 Classroom supplies (call Administration Office for detail supply list).
• RST#19-077 Small kitchen appliances and kitchen supplies (call Administration Office for detail appliance & supply list).
TECRO Ordinance No. 86-03 for Indian Preference in the selection process will be adhered to. TECRO office may be contact at (605)747-2322 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CDT.
The Rosebud Sioux Tribe has the right to reject any or all bids.
Sealed bids should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked (Subject: _____ RST Bid#____) front of envelope. Fail to mark envelope will result in a no bid and will be mailed back to sender. Rosebud Sioux Tribe will not accept email, fax and or telephone bids.
For further information, contact Paulette Iyotte at the RST Head Start Program, 605.747.2391 ext. 207, Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sealed bids can be mailed to: Louis W. Boyd, RST Treasurer
11 Legion Ave., PO Box 430
Rosebud, South Dakota 57570
Published twice at the total approximate cost of $189.72
Published: July 17, 24, 2019