Request for Bids
Rosebud Sioux Tribe
Request For Engineering Services For Community Water Systems Upgrade On Rosebud Reservation, South Dakota
GENERAL: Rosebud Sioux Tribe is soliciting statement of qualifications (SOQ) for engineering services to assist the Tribe with the final design of upgrades to the communities of Spring Creek and Swift Bear water systems on Rosebud Reservation. This is required to accomplish the intent of the Mni Wiconi project to upgrade and transfer the community water systems on Rosebud Reservation to the Bureau of Reclamation to be held in trust for the Rosebud Sioux Tribe for assistance in the maintenance, operation and replacement of the systems.
OVERVIEW: The work contained in this request for qualifications (RFQ) includes the communities of Spring Creek and Swift Bear. It is for engineering services based on the Preliminary Engineering Reports submitted to USDA for funding. A key piece of the work will be assuring that the engineering efforts meet the needs of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe, the grant requirements of the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the transfer criteria of the Bureau of Reclamation.
ENGINEERING SERVICES (CONSULTANT’s) WORK EFFORTS: Engineering services to be provided include, but are not limited to, the tasks as summarized below:
1. Reviewing the preliminary Engineering Reports to become familiar with the proposed projects.
2. Conducting site topographic surveys for design purposes.
3. Designing system upgrades including preparation of the construction drawings and technical specifications in accordance with Rosebud Sioux Tribe, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation and USDA Rural Development requirements.
4. Preparing bidding/contracting documents in accordance with Rosebud Sioux Tribe and USDA Rural Development requirements.
5. Preparing easement exhibits for new, replacement and existing distribution system pipelines and facilities. Coordinating with the Rosebud Sioux Tribe’s easement acquisition personnel/consultant.
6. Preparing exhibits for road ROW and similar encroachment permit application.
7. Providing bid solicitation services such as preparing the invitation for bids, conducting the bid opening and evaluating received bids.
8. Providing construction engineering services such as conducting the preconstruction meeting, construction inspection, contractor payment requests, final inspection, as-built drawings and operation and maintenance manuals.
PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS: The SOQ must be received by Rosebud Sioux Tribe Treasurer’s office attention: Wayne Boyd at 11 Legion Avenue, Rosebud South Dakota 57570 by 11 a.m. Central Time on June 5, 2019. Submit seven (7) copies of the SOQ to the above address.
The SOQ will include the following:
1. The firm’s legal name, address and telephone number.
2. Principal (s) of the firm and their qualifications and experience.
3. A description of experience which is pertinent to the scope of work described above.
4. Experience and qualification of key staff proposed for the project.
5. Description of the Firm’s prior experience, including similar projects, size of community and location.
6. Description of the Firm’s current work activities and how these would be coordinated with the project, as well as the Firm’s anticipated availability during the terms of the project.
7. Provide names and contact information for at least three references.
8. Description of the Firm’s previous work experience with the Rosebud Sioux Tribe.
EVALUATION/SELECTION PROCESS: SOQ will be evaluated in accordance with the maximum indicated points:
1. Qualifications of the individual professionals to be assigned to the project - 20 points.
2. Consulting Firm’s qualification and experience - 15 points
3. Related experience on similar project - 15 points
4. Availability and capacity of the consultant/firm - 10 points
5. Familiarity with the Tribe’s community water facilities, project area and BOR requirements - 10 points
6. Familiarity and experience with 25 CFR Chapter 1 Subpart H, land, easements and rights of way on Indian Reservation - 10 points
7. Ability to work successfully with Rosebud Sioux Tribe - 10 points
8. Indian Preference - 10 points
TOTAL - 100 points
Qualified Firms seeking Indian preference must be certified by RST TECRO office and their bids must be within 5 percent above a non-Indian Firm bidder.
Selected Engineering company will be responsible for a one time payment of the TECRO fee, which amounts to three percent (3%) of the total amount of the contract. Arrangements for the payment of the TECRO fees be made with the RST TECRO office prior to beginning work. Also the Engineering company will complete a TECRO Compliance Plan. TECRO office can be contacted at phone (605) 747-2322.
Consulting Firms ranked highest by the Tribe may be asked to provide additional written information or be invited for an interview. Rosebud Sioux Tribe reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Award will be made to the most qualified firm deemed most advantageous to the Tribe with all factors considered, including fair and reasonable compensation.
Rosebud Sioux Tribe will negotiate an agreement with the selected Firm based on fair and reasonable compensation for the scope of work.
Interested Firms should contact Syed Huq, Director Water Resources, Rosebud Sioux Tribe at (605) 747-2559 for additional information and if desired to schedule a site visit.
Published once at the total approximate cost of $130.20
Published: May 8, 15, 2019