Request for Bids
Rosebud Sioux Tribe
BIA Route 7 to US Hwy 83 Improvement
Bid No. 19-018
The Rosebud Sioux Tribe MAP-21 Program is soliciting bids proposal for Construction Management Services (CMS) for Project No. 10614107, BIA Route 7 to US Hwy 83 Improvement.
The project is located within the boundaries of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe in Todd County within South Dakota. The 16 mile project begins at BIA Route 1 in Rosebud South Dakota and ends at US HWY 83, approximately 11 miles north of the Rosebud Casino and South Dakota-Nebraska state line.
All work is start by May 1, 2019, achieve substantial completion by November 30, 2020 and final clean-up December 31, 2020 completion by September 30, 2024. The total cost of the project including all fees and Owners expense is $22,600,000. Project budget, project schedule and the schematic design are upon request.
Services requested are for construction management services as detailed below:
• This project is funded under the Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery Grant and the awarded CMS must have access to the Grants Management System to be able to provide quarterly project and financial updates or as required for grant adjustments.
• Conduct the advertising for request for construction bids, analyzing bid results, securing bids and furnish recommendation on award of contract
• Track detailed cost estimates for all phases of the project
• Assist with construction meetings
• Prepare a detailed project schedule which includes sites and phases
• Conduct construction meeting updates
• The CMS will not be allowed to “self-perform” any divisions of the work.
• The CMS will not be allowed to bid any sections of the work.
• Administer Construction Contract
• Ensure compliance with environmental commitments
• Oversee Final Inspections
• Project Close out
• Perform all other related work as required by RST MAP-21 Program
The company selected shall act as the Tribe’s CMS subcontractor to this Project and shall use the Standard Specifications for Construction of Roads and Bridges on Federal Highway Projects FP-14.
Bid Proposal Submittals.
Sealed proposal shall be accepted from January 9, 2019 and until January 23, 2019 at 1 p.m. (CST). Bid proposals shall be submitted within a sealed envelope marked “Bid No. 19-018- CMS”. Failure to do so shall result as a “No Bid” and will be mailed back to the sender. The Tribe shall retain the right to reject any and all bids pursuant to the best interest of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe. The bids will be publicly opened January 23, 2019 at 2 p.m. (CST) at the tribal TECRO Office in Rosebud, SD.
Mailed or Delivered Bids.
Remitters shall mail certified or delivered to: Wayne Boyd, Treasurer, in the tribal Finance Office of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe along 11 Legion Avenue at P.O. Box 430 in Rosebud, SD 57570. Please submit ten copies.
Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, Ineligibility and Voluntary Exclusion.
All potential bidders shall attach the document Debarment, Suspension, Ineligibility and Voluntary Exclusion. This form verifies if their business has/has not been debarred, suspended, ineligible, or voluntary excluded from conducting services.
Qualified Indian owned firms are encouraged to apply pursuant to Ordinance No. 86-03 to be eligible for Indian preference. Contact the TECRO Office for Dwight Spotted Tail, Director, at (605) 747-2322.
Tribal Business License.
Interested parties may obtain a business license pursuant to tribal Law & Order Code of Title 11 – Tribal Tax Code. Contact the Revenue Office for Whitney Meek, Director, at (605) 747-5045.
Sand and Gravel/Motor Fuel Tax Program.
Interested parties may contact Mr. Robert Long for possible gravel needed as per specification requested at his office (605) 856-2589.
Other Direct Contacts.
Interested parties may contact Lynda Douville, RST MAP-21 Director at 605-856-2944, ext 100.
Published three times at the total approximate cost of $150.36
Published: January 9, 16, 23, 2019