Request for Proposal
SWA 18-02 B
Build One (1) Three (3) Bedroom Home
The Sicangu Wicoti Awayankapi (SWA), P.O. Box 69, Rosebud, South Dakota is accepting written and negotiable proposals for the following scope of work with Indian Owned Contractors and Non-Indian Owned Contractors.
Building Spec’s/Complete Construction
Provide SWA the best offer to build one (3) three bedroom home by the scope of work (that we have provided).Your company will be required to provide temporary electrical to complete work to be performed, including all State Certificate Electrical permits and meters.
Site Spec’s/Complete Site Work
Your company will be required to provide the costs on dirt work for this project. This will included driveway, sidewalks, wooden deck, wooden ramp.
Requirements For Proposer To Have Attached To Cost Proposal:
-Provide an itemized cost proposal for the one (1) three (3) bedroom home.
-Indian Preference Application
-Attachment #3: Indian Preference in Subcontracting, Employment & Training.
-Attachment #4: Previous Participation Certification
-Attachment #5: Non-Collusive Affidavit
-Attachment #6: Excluded Parties List
Pursuant to Section 7(b) if the Indian Self Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C.450e (b)) and HUD requirements set forth at 24 CFR 1000.48-1000.54, in awarding this contract preference shall be given to qualified Indian enterprises and organizations.
All firms, Indian and non-Indian alike, must submit a prequalification application with their proposal.
Interested firms or individuals must submit their proposal in writing to the SWA Corporation, P.O. Box 69, Rosebud, SD 57570. Proposals must be received by the SWA Corporation no later than 2:00 p.m., (CST) on July 13, 2018. Please mark clearly: “SWA RFP 18-02B” on front of envelope. Proposals submitted via FACSIMILE will not be accepted and will not be considered. Emailed proposals will be accepted with one (1) original and two (2) copies mailed or hand delivered.
Proposals are required to contain the following:
1. Name and address of the entity submitting the proposal and identification of key personnel who will perform the work;
2. Name of each partner and associates if the personnel is a firm and licenses, certifications and relevant degrees of all professionals;
3. A description of any associates with other companies or any forms of subcontracts;
4. Names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three references (preferably tribes, tribal housing authorities or other tribal entities);
5. A summary of services currently being offered and a statement of experience. Specific descriptions of experience and ability regarding the services being requested must be included;
6. Statement describing knowledge and experience in the services requested;
7. Disclosure of any claims, lawsuits or disputes over work or services previously or currently being performed;
8. Proposed costs for services requested;
9. Proof of eligibility for Indian Preference (if preference is sought);
10. A statement detailing the firm or individuals employment and training opportunities, its plans to provide preference to Indians and the number or percentage of Indians to be employed or trained;
11. Note: All of the RFP documents as detailed in the above shall be submitted or the proposal shall be deemed non-responsive.
The SWA reserves the right to interview some or all of the parties submitting proposals. Selection by the SWA will be based on the following factors and points to evaluate the offer’s proposal as follows:
1. Capability and experience in building a home: 0-10 pts.
2. Experience in providing satisfied work performance: 0-20 pts.
3. Ability to provide timelines of completed project:0-20 pts.
4. Costs for Building the home: 0-20 pts.
5. Indian preference (if applicable): 0 or 15 pts.
6. Statement detailing preferences in Indian employment and training and the number of Indians anticipated being employed and trained: 0-15 pts.
Any proposal submitted must state that it will remain open for sixty (60) days.
The successful offer must comply with the Tribes TECRO Ordinance, including any licensing requirements. Contact the RST TECRO office at (605) 747-2322 for further information.
Firms must obtain a Tribal Business License prior to contract signing, including and not limited to used or sales excise tax. Contact the RST Tribal Taxation Office at (605) 747-5045 for further information.
The company must have liability insurance, workman’s comp, builder’s risk insurance up to the amount to cover the house.
Conflicts Of Interest
According, the conflict of interest provisions in 24 CFR Part 85.36 and 24 CFR 84.42, respectively apply. No person who (1) is an employee, agent, consultant, officer, or elected or appointed official of Sicangu Wicoti Awayankapi (SWA) Corporation, the Sicangu Wicoti Awayankapi (SWA) Corporation or of any designated public agency that received funds and who exercises or has exercised any functions or responsibilities with respect to assisted NAHASDA Program activities or (2) is in a position to participate in a decision making process or gain inside information with regard to such activities may obtain a personal or financial interest or benefit from his activity, or have an interest in any contract, subcontract, or agreement with respect thereto, or the proceeds there under, either for themselves or those with whom they have family or business ties, during their tenure or for one year thereafter. HUD may grant exceptions to this rule under circumstances as outlined in 24 CFR Part 92.356.
Right To Reject Any And All Proposals
The SWA reserves the right to accept, reject and all proposals. No member of the governing body, or persons directly involved with the SWA will have any neither relationship nor submittal privileges.
Published once at the total approximate cost of $84.87
Published: July 11, 2018