Proposal for Bid
Open Competitive with Indian Preference
The Sicangu Wicoti Awayankapi (SWA) Corporation P.O. Box 69 Rosebud, South Dakota 57570 is requesting written proposals for appraisal services for a period of three (3) years, February 2018 thru January of 2021. “All applicable federal laws shall apply including but not limited to the provisions of the Native American Housing Assistance and Self-Determination Act (NAHASDA) 25 U.S.C. 4101, et seq.”
A single proposal with two (2) copies must be submitted with an itemized cost for the fiscal year. Contract Award will be made for the fiscal year. Closing date for proposals is 2:00 p.m., (CDT) on February 16, 2018.
Pursuant to (24 CFR 1000.48-1000.54 Indian Preference), responsive proposals will be accepted from Indian as well as non-Indian owned Independent Appraisal Services firms. Indian owned firms wishing to qualify for Indian Preference must submit a pre-qualification application with their proposal. All non-Indian firms must also submit a pre-qualification application. All pre-qualification applications must be received at the SWA Corporation procurement office with your proposal.
The work to be performed is subject to Section 7(b) of the Indian Self Determination and Education Act (25 U.S.C. 450e (b) 0. Section 7(b) requires that to the greatest extent feasible (I) preference and opportunities for training and employment shall be given to Indians and (II) preference in the award of contracts and subcontracts shall be given to Indian Organizations and Indian Owned Economic Enterprises.
Interested firms or individuals must submit their proposals in writing to the SWA Corporation, P.O. Box 69 Rosebud, South Dakota 57570 Attention Danielle Burnette, Procurement/Property Manager with the proposal number RFP SWA 18-05 Appraisal Services written plainly on the outer envelope. Proposals must be received by the SWA Corporation no later than 2:00 p.m. (central time) on February 16, 2018. Proposals submitted via FAX will not be accepted and will not be considered. E-mail proposals will be accepted with the original and two (2) copies mailed or hand delivered. Any proposal submitted after this time will not be considered and will be returned unopened.
Proposals are required to contain the following:
1. Name and address of the entity submitting the proposal and identification of key personnel who will perform the work;
2. Name of each partner and associates if the personnel is a firm and licenses, certifications and relevant degrees of all professionals;
3. A description of any associates with other firms or any forms of subcontracts;
4. Names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three references (preferably tribes, tribal housing authorities or other tribal entities);
5. A summary of services currently being offered and a statement of experience. Specific descriptions of experience and ability regarding the services being requested must be included;
6. Statement describing knowledge and experience in appraisal services;
7. Disclosure of any claims, lawsuits or disputes over work or services previously or currently being performed;
8. Lump Sum Price (listed for each appraisal);
9. Proof of eligibility for Indian Preference (if preference is sought);
10. A statement detailing the firm or individuals employment and training opportunities, its plans to provide preference to Indians and the number or percentage of Indians to be employed or trained;
11. A Release of Information sheet must be completed and signed by a notary.
12. A Previous Participation Certification Attachment #4 sheet must be filed out and handed in with proposal.
13. A Non-Collusive Affidavit Attachment #5 sheet must be completed and signed by a notary.
14. The Instructions to Bidders Attachment #6 EPLS sheet must be completed.
15. Note: All of the RFP documents as detailed in the above shall be submitted or the proposal shall be deemed no responsive.
SCOPE OF WORK
Firm fixed bid price up to five appraisals a year for the Sicangu Wicoti Awayankapi (SWA) Corporation owned homes, this would include Low Rentals, Homeownership, HIP projects, Acquisition homes and subsequent home buyers.
Contractor must have proof of the following to be included with the Request for Proposal: Workman’s Compensation, Comprehensive, Comprehensive vehicular liability, Professional Liability/Errors and Omissions and all applicable license certificates for the state of South Dakota.
The SWA Corporation reserves the right to interview some or all of the parties submitting proposals. Selection by the SWA Corporation will be based on an evaluation of all applicants and proposals using a point system as follows:
1. Knowledge and experience in doing appraisals 0 to 15 points
2. The ability to show what insurances that the company have for the appraisal services . 0 to 15 points
3. Similar work for other clients, specifically other housing
Authorities, Tribal or Indian related owners. 0 to 15 points
4. Timeliness in the appraisal requested and tending to the needs of SWA Corporation 0 to 15 points
5. Fee Schedule 0 to 15 points
6. Statement of plan of employment and training to Indians 0 to 10 points
7. Indian Preference 0 to 15 points
Maximum Points/100 Points
All proposals submitted must state that it will remain open for sixty (60) days.
Those submitting a proposal must obtain a Tribal Business License prior to be awarded a contract, including and not limited to use or sale excise tax. Contact the RST Tribal Taxation Office at (605) 747-5045 for further information and instructions.
The successful proposal will be responsible to comply with the Rosebud Sioux Tribe’s TECRO Ordinance, including any licensing requirements and fees. Contact the RST TECRO office at (605) 747-2322 for further information and instructions.
Conflicts Of Interest
According, the conflict of interest provisions in 24 CFR Part 85.36 and 24 CFR 84.42, respectively apply. No person who (1) is an employee, agent, consultant, officer, or elected or appointed official of Sicangu Wicoti Awayankapi (SWA) Corporation, the Sicangu Wicoti Awayankapi (SWA) Corporation or of any designated public agency that received funds and who exercises or has exercised any functions or responsibilities with respect to assisted NAHASDA Program activities or (2) is in a position to participate in a decision making process or gain inside information with regard to such activities may obtain a personal or financial interest or benefit from his activity, or have an interest in any contract, subcontract, or agreement with respect thereto, or the proceeds there under , either for themselves or those with whom they have family or business ties, during their tenure or for one year thereafter. HUD may grant exceptions to this rule under circumstances as outlined in 24 CFR Part 92.356.
Right To Reject Any And All Offers
The SWA Corporation reserves the right to accept, reject, and any and all proposals or to waive any information or irregularities. No member of the governing body, staff, Tribal, State, or Federal Government officials or persons directly involved with the SWA Corporation will have any privileges to submit a proposal.
Published twice at the total approximate cost of $178.56
Published: February 7, 14, 2018