Notice of Bid for Audit Services
Sicangu Oyate Ho, Inc., d/b/a St. Francis Indian School, St. Francis, South Dakota, is soliciting bid proposals from qualified CPA firms for auditing services of federal, state and local funds for Fiscal Year 2016 (from July 2015 to June 2016) Year Ending June 30, 2016, with the option of auditing the financial statements for the subsequent year.
Services include: (1) examination of financial statements in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and federal compliance, U.S. Office of Management and Budget - OMB Circular A-133, A-102 Common Rule, Public Law 100-297, and other pertinent federal laws, the financial statements will be presented in accordance with the financial reporting model described in GASB 34, (2) accounting system certification, (3) preparation of federal 990 tax return, (4) audit of the 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan.
This contract will also be subject to Section 7(b) of the Indian Self-Determination Act and also Education Act 25 U.S.C. 450e(b).
Mandatory criteria include: The auditor shall (1) be a licensed certified public accountant, (2) meet independence standards of GAO regulations, and (3) must have no record of substandard work, and (4) must possess a Rosebud Sioux Tribal Business License, (5) knowledgeable with AS400 System Software.
Technical Criteria to the RFP should include:
• The firm’s legal name, address and telephone number;
• Firm’s headquarters where the work will be performed and from which expenses and mileage will be charged;
• The applicant must provide documentary proof of ability to obtain professional liability insurance of not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) if selected, e.g. copy of insurance finder or letter from carrier promising the required coverage;
• The principal(s) of the firm and their experience and qualifications;
• The experience and the qualifications of the “key” staff to be assigned to the project;
• A description of the firm’s prior experience including auditing tribal grant schools, local governments, and similar entities;
• A description of the firm’s current work activities and how these would be coordinated with the project, as well as the firm’s anticipated availability during the term of the project;
• Bid amount.
Written proposals shall be limited to a maximum of 10 pages plus a cover letter and resumes of key personnel. SOH will select the auditing firm based on the evaluation of the written proposals as outlined above. Therefore, no interviews will be conducted. The award will be to the most qualified firm whose proposal is deemed most advantages to SOH, all factors considered.
This contract will be subject to Section 7(b) of the Indian Self-Determination Act; therefore, SOH has the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
A Minority Business Firm, Women’s Business Enterprise or Small Business Enterprise must request in writing any advantages under the law.
The approval of bid will be made at a meeting of the Board of Directors.
Bid proposals will be sealed. Faxes, e-mails or phone bids will not be accepted. All bid proposals must be received by August 22, 2017 by 4:00pm (CST) at the school. Bid proposals should be clearly marked “Audit Services.” Mail by USPS or deliver by courier service to:
Sicangu Oyate Ho, Inc
PO Box 379
St. Francis, SD 57572
Attn: Business Manager
Marlene R. Short Bull, Executive Assistant
Published three times at the total approximate cost of $119.93
Published: August 2, 9, 16, 2017